Thursday, November 10, 2011

A full day without my Dr. Pepper

I did it!  The entire day without Dr. Pepper and I wanted to scream once, cry once, and shut the whole thing down about 5 times :-)!  Blogging about this and having people hold me accountable is the best way to stick with it.  I woke up totally ticked about giving up Dr.P and blogging about it--I even had a dream about it--but for me, I have to know that someone is out there rooting me on.  If I had enough "will-power" on my own, I wouldn't have any vices at all.  Life would go along pretty smoothly if I didn't have to have Dr. Pepper or chocolate chip cookies.  Someone said to me today--"can't you just limit yourself"--if it were only that easy!  I drink Dr. P when I feel "I deserve it"--and today....I deserved many.  It was a really tough day at work, but I did it and I am proud of myself...today...today, I survived.  Thanks for your sweet words everyone! Blog again tomorrow. 

p.s.  Anyone remember Doogie Howser (spelling?) and how he would type a journal entry at the end of each show?  I feel like Doogie Howser!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment